
It was for me a true happiness to join my BROTHER & FRIEND, TOMMY TALTON, yesterday @ THE LIQUID CAFÉ, Luxembourg, EU. After all these years, I assisted to the extreme quality musical construction that TOMMY can put on his own interpretations, even adaptations of famous historical music titles.
I assisted to a mixing of styles, from the traditional Country-Rock of Cowboy, sounds of Crosby Stills & Nash while playing his acoustic guitar that sounded like heaven, drifting to the sonority of Van “The Man”, to the traditional blues harmonies of Muddy Waters.
The particular thing about this concert from TOMMY is that I verified the musical maturity that he achieved these last years and that always lived inside his spirit as music it is his own LIFE.
I saw TOMMY leading his European band and it reminded me the way that MILES use to leadership his musicians. Improvisations born at the middle of tracks that sounded like the Eagles with long guitar solos much similar to STEVIE RAY, the proof that TOMMY can perform a high level of music whenever he wants, a proof of his natural born TALENT, the proof that he’s a true veteran.
(WE THE PEOPLE, COWBOY, BOYER & TALTON, guitarist with GREGG ALLMAN and on.... and on...and on....)
I am extremely proud to be able to write these lines. They are the tribute to someone who prevailed until the actual stage of his personal musical achievement. God bless you my BROTHER & FRIEND!
Your music translates the simplicity, humbleness and purity of feelings that reigns in your SOUL!
I will always support you & be there for you, like the old times. I LOVE YOU BRO!
May GOD bless you along with CORRINA!
Carlos
(Luxembourg, July, 2011)
I mentioned to Tommy when I applied on FB to friend his page. Saw you in a cafe in Roswell Ga with Randall, it was an eye opening experience, a music lesson I always dreamed of.. His musicianship and those around him is of the highest level,to a player or a listener. TY, they just don't make'em like they use too.
ReplyDelete